Sunburst Mirror Project


Remember my sunburst/starburst mirror project here? My vintage sunburst clock-turned-mirror just came back from the framer and it's really better than I expected. I like it so much more than the 'new-but-made-to-look-old' sunburst I hung over the other screen.

  

The one on the right, the one just back, has much more of a detailed, classic look. It looks older, and of course, I'm all about that.

  

So, now, I guess I gotta replace the other one!

If you want to do something similar: do not reinvent the wheel like I did. O, how I wish I had seen this post from the fantastic blog An Aesthete's Lament before I started my project. This smart cookie kept the clock intact and just silver-leafed the inside of the glass cover of the clock! It is exactly the same clock/mirror as mine and it looks just as fabulous, maybe even more so.

And be sure to check out this great post at Caitlin Creer Interior Design. This talented gal was working on this very same project a little while back, with some terrific results.    

6 comments:

MFAMB said...

i am waiting on one to come via ups...can;t wait. yours look awesome.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I never tire of Starburst mirrors & what you've done is so inventive. I really like it. Looking forward to checking out Caitlin and Aesthetes Lament. Thanks so much x

Nate @ LaurelStreetBlog.com said...

These look wonderful - and I really love those panels, by the way! I could obsess about them.

Trouvais said...

Reminds me of my panels. Which, as my husband can attest, were VERY heavy and difficult to hang (had the plaster garlands on them). Also had a tough time figuring out how high to hang. Did you have similar conundrums? Perhaps I should have goggled "hanging wall panels adroitly" before hand. Oh...how did I miss this before...love those child mannequins!!! Trish

Splendid Willow said...

OMgoodness! I had to sit up straight when I discovered this post. LOVE IT ALL! I will now brew me some tea, and go through this again! Fabutastic! Regards, from Seattle - Monika

A Perfect Gray said...

Thank you ALL for your lovely comments. Trish, the panels are old french wallpaper stretched over a frame, so they are not too heavy! Lucky for the hubs who hangs/moves/re-moves my stuff all too often!